My friend just showed me this site. I thought you all would appreciate!
https://www.thetransgenderdatingsite.com It’s a dating site for trans, queer, and anyone else that’s interested in dating alternatively. Let me know what you think after you sign up!!!
Pros and Cons of Online Dating
Experiences in the world of online dating are often mixed. While many people have found satisfying relationships, others have stories that can curl your hair. As with any other way to meet people, looking for love online also has its good and bad points.
Finkel and Associates performed a 2012 review of the various aspects of online dating and discovered that internet dating differed from “traditional” dating in three main areas, showing some superior attributes as well as some potential problems. Here is a quick analysis of the pros and cons of online dating:
Access To Potential Dates
Pros: Online dating offers individuals the chance to get to know many more people, both from across town and across the country, than they could ever meet in their everyday lives. This is particularly true for people looking for a partner of a particular type, lifestyle, sexual orientation or in a geographically-isolated area or region.
Cons: Having so many choices of partners can be overwhelming, causing online daters to get stuck in an endlessly “shopping” mentality, instead of actually beginning a relationship.
Pros: Many online-dating sites offer personality matching to help people find a partner who they will be compatible with.
Cons: Matching is not a simple process, and can’t always be done effectively by a computer algorithm alone, causing people to miss out on a potentially great partner.
Pros: Online dating provides several means of communicating, such as video-chat sessions and computer-guided communication.
Cons: Like computer matching, guided communication is a poor substitute for face-to-face interaction when getting to know someone. While video chatting provides real-time face time, it can be intimidating for some.
Here are some other pros and cons of online transgender dating:
● You can get to know someone more quickly, as people have a tendency to talk more, and more openly, when they feel they have the protection of anonymity.
● Attraction is based more on personality than looks.
● While it still stings, rejection hurts a little less online.
● There is a measure of safety with online dating, as you do not need to revel who you are or give out other personal information until you are ready.
● Online dating, just like in person dating, can also be unsafe, as a lot of sketchy people like to hide behind their computers, and you won’t really know who’s behind a profile until you meet in person.
● Like the girl in the Toyota commercial who sits at home on her computer while her parents are out mountain biking, you may end up missing out on some real-life activities, and a face-to-face meeting with Mr. or Miss Right.
● You may get ridiculed, as there is a chance that some of your family members and friends won’t approve of your internet romance.
● Someone may need to relocate. If you fall for someone just 50 miles from where you live, one of you will have to move if things work out.
No one who knows a thing about dating ever said that finding someone to love is easy. However, online dating does provide so many more opportunities for the busy, the shy and for those who just haven’t had any luck finding a partner offline. In the end, online dating can provided some unique and exciting experiences, some great, and some not-so great. Just life dating offline.